TEA'S ME (" we ", “ us ”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to
us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act ), the data controller is TEA'S ME. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is HELEN LYNCH .
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our
sites orWWW.TEASME.CO.UK ( Our Sites ).
• information provided at the time of requesting goods, services or information from us.
• Information that you provide to us when you write to us (including by email).
• Information that you provide to us when we speak to you by telephone. We may make and keep a
record of the information you share with us.
• Information that you provide to us by completing surveys.
• Details of transactions you carry out through Our Sites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to Our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication
data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• Information obtained by us from third parties in accordance with the Act.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our user's browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve Our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise Our Sites according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to Our Sites.
WHERE WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we
will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from Our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To notify you about changes to our goods and services.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If TEA'S ME or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time at Tea's Me, Higher Ashton, Exeter, EX6 7QS or .
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access certain information held by us about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.